Setting up XBMCbuntu 12 based HTPC - Part 2 - Install
Installation of XBMCbuntu is fairly straightforward and default settings are fine. Install will take less than half an hour.
- Download XBMCbuntu 12 RC3 from xbmc.org or local mirror.
- If you're creating bootable media from Windows grab Linux Live USB Creator (or from mirror).
- On XS35GT insert XBMCbuntu USB install media and hit F11 on system startup to pick proper boot device.
- Hit Enter when you see keyboard and hand icon on bottom of screen.
- Select English as language.
- Select fixed dpi 120x120 install option.
- Select English again.
- Select "Download updates while installing" (yes, you should have Ethernet cable connected to DHCP capable network).
- Select "Install third-party software".
- If you get prompted for upgrade of existing install don't. Just select erase everything. Don't use LVM. Don't enable disk encryption.
- Select your location and keyboard layout.
- Use "xbmc" for both computer and user name.
- Enter password and select automatic login. Don't enable encryption.
- After install completes reboot and remove USB stick.