Using dy.fi dynamic DNS with OpenWrt
Didn't see this documented anywhere so here it is. How to use Finnish dy.fi dynamic DNS service with OpenWrt router.
Login to OpenWrt web interface, usually on http://192.168.1.1.
- System > Software
- Install luci-app-ddns
- Services > Dynamic DNS
- These work with Finnish dy.fi service
- Add checkbox to Enable
- Service: Custom:
- Update url: http://[USERNAME]:[PASSWORD]@www.dy.fi/nic/update?hostname=[DOMAIN]
- Hostname: Hostname you created via www.dy.fi management page
- Username: Email you used to register with dy.fi
- Password: Umm..
- Change Force update to 120 hours
- Rest of settings can be left as-is
- Save & Apply
UPDATE: As January 17th 2012 there's bug in OpenWrt ddns scripts that cause DNS updating to only work when network interface is named "wan". See ticket 7570 on OpenWrt bug tracker for details, fix and current status.